Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Ridsdales Goldfish
Just to explain the tenuous thread title.

Zaliukas was born in Lithuania (Soviet Union) hence Red, and began training with us in October. Genius bordering on diatribe i may suggest. [rofl]

Point in question, WHERE THE FU.CK IS ZALIUKAS?

Not even on the bench again. Please can someone find me an explanation as to the whereabouts of our best CB.

Has he done an "Eric" and bummed one of the other wags?

Has SGs over accommodating secretary resurfaced, the old bike?

Was he caught taking the pis.s outta BMc with the Wendies fans at Hillsborough?

Is it true Lees was caught clambering from under BMcs desk, post helmet wash?

We need answers. Good luck in your searches lads
Ridsdales Goldfish
Confirmed sighting:

January 28th plays and scores the opening goal for reserves ina 5-2 win vs Hull.

Anything in Feb?
The Great Ormsby
Ridsdales Goldfish wrote:
Confirmed sighting:

January 28th plays and scores the opening goal for reserves ina 5-2 win vs Hull.

Anything in Feb?

Not seen anything but was wondering the same thing when I saw the team sheet yesterday. Was our most calm, composed and commanding CB until Wendies and would like to see him back: don't think he deserves to be frozen out for one, admittedly very poor, display. Sent to Siberia maybe??
Rhino White
I'm sure he played in the behind closed doors friendly v Bradford last week but seems as though he's taken the brunt of the blame for the wendies and Rochdale games.
For me he'd be in the team in front of Lees every time but it's 3 unbeaten now so he'll have to bide his time I guess.
Ridsdales Goldfish
But not even on the bench is some strange one aint it?
Marsh Spain
the first thing i checked when the teams were announced
and still think he's got to be in our top 3 CB's.

summat's up.

Ridsdales Goldfish
I'm hoping Sheppey can pull himself away from his Sunday choir practice and Morris dancing class and get into this search for answers.
onwardsandupwards
Marsh_Spain wrote:
the first thing i checked when the teams were announced
and still think he's got to be in our top 3 CB's.

summat's up.

Issues over payment possibly? Just guessing.
Rawdonwhite
BM is sulking with him for embarrassing him against the Wendies and rightly so. He's a very naughty boy.
onwardsandupwards
Rawdonwhite wrote:
BM is sulking with him for embarrassing him against the Wendies and rightly so. He's a very naughty boy.

Probably the most likely answer!
Mighty Oak
Probably just needs time out to regain his confidence after a couple of bad games. Some players are like that.
Ridsdales Goldfish
I get that he was poor at Hillsborough but so were they all.

Thing is, they were nt arguably our best player prior to that game either but the majority survived the cull

Baffled.
Wildwood
might have said summat (which didn't go down too well) during that famous 'team meeting' after the wednesday defeat...

Disclaimer: unless stated otherwise, it's meant in jest 
BB
Don't think there is anything ominous.

MZ had a mare at Wendies, Lees and Pearce have formed the CB partnership for our last 3 games since, a narrow loss v Foxes and then a draw followed by 2 wins.

Like Wooton, MZ jus has to wait for his chance and when he gets it he needs to take it.

BB
Ridsdales Goldfish
....not even on bench for weeks BB
BB
Yup but Wooton has been.

No point in having 2 CBs on a bench.

BB
Ridsdales Goldfish
Have you got Marius hostage in your cellar B?

Lees keeping him out is a travesty imho
Ridsdales Goldfish
Wildwood wrote:
might have said summat (which didn't go down too well) during that famous 'team meeting' after the wednesday defeat...

Most plausible suggestion so far I reckon
BB
Lees has just turned 23 and I don't get all of the flak he receives.

He does his job - defending!

Yes I am frustrated he seems to only hoof the ball upfield but as he does this all of the time it has to be in response to BM's instructions.

He may not be a Radebe, a Molenaar, a Fairclough or even a Haddock but he is a very good CB in his own right.

BB
Wildwood
Quote:
Yes I am frustrated he seems to only hoof the ball upfield but as he does this all of the time it has to be in response to BM's instructions.

disagree with your view in general, bb, but what you've said above is spot on... it's not as if the other 3 defenders are doing much better qua distribution and build-up.
Disclaimer: unless stated otherwise, it's meant in jest 
Ridsdales Goldfish
He has been clearly lacking confidence on the pitch all season.

That has crept onto the terraces and manifested itself in certain fans.

Myself included.

Hes been the worst player in a good few games BB.

I can't even say I haven't given him time either
BB
Rids

Tom Lees will come good. In a few months time there will be loads of posters saying "I have always said Tom Lees would turn out to be a great player and I was right............"

I may not have seen him live but in the Sky games he has been decent enough. Yes there have been glaring errors but I put that down to a shortage of confidence. Hoofing it upfield all the time is down to him not wanting to get caught in possession and is just playing safe. This then gets the groans on the terraces.

A dominant CM that comes to take the ball from the back 4 will help him immensely.
BB
Batfastard
Sadly, Marius has been killed, chopped up and fed to some lions.

RIP
Batfastard of Wakefield - the REAL Burger King

Better a pig, than a pygmy.

Mary rape is real rape. 
Kingcurrie
I am equally baffled by his lack of presence even on the bench ????
Ridsdales Goldfish
Has this been confirmed Mr Fastard?
lufc1
Batfastard he is just having a Giraffe[grin-smiley-emoticon] with you
Batfastard
I'm not sure mate. Apparently he wouldn't wind his neck in at that meeting
Batfastard of Wakefield - the REAL Burger King

Better a pig, than a pygmy.

Mary rape is real rape. 
shack
Flamingo land have taken him hostage