Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Unofficial LUFC
Sign up Latest Topics Chat
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 18 of 19     «   Prev   15   16   17   18   19   Next
BB

Avatar / Picture

On the subs bench
Registered:
Posts: 14,644
Reply with quote  #851 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Thick With Drink
Fk me the EFL have it in for us!!


100% agree TC, gone beyond a joke. Why are no sports journalist / tv broadcasters raising this?


Unless they are biased against LUFC also


BUT ALL OF THEM??????



The simple answer is YES! Journalists / tv broadcasters pander to their pay master who seem to have an innate hatred of LUFC. Spygate got far more column inches and TV time than any far more serious matter.

Spygate was based on it being "morally" wrong and not the "British" thing to do but anything that is legally wrong (assault, etc) well that is OK if it does not involve LUFC.

The crowd trouble v Barnsley is blamed on LUFC fans but there is clear video evidence a Barnsley steward provoked them ad even assaulted one! That does not get a mention in the mainstream press though!

__________________
BB
stevethemouse

Avatar / Picture

Unofficial Shortarse
Registered:
Posts: 6,688
Reply with quote  #852 
Tonight milwall visit Luton back in the 70s I remember a mass pitch invasion and running battle one of the offenders shown on tv was my school teacher he left soon afterward
Tony Currie10

Avatar / Picture

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Registered:
Posts: 8,308
Reply with quote  #853 


I was at the infamous game in the mid 80s on my own in a suit in the fkn Millscum end!

There were no mobiles, or not yet popular, and couldn't get hold of my mates after being at an interview. ...

It was pay on the gate but Luton end was sold out so i went round to the away end to cheer on the Hatters....what a fkn stupid mistake.

It was like Hillsborough waiting to happen and me and hundreds of others were squashed up against a 20ft fence behind the goal....the coppers could see what was happening but wouldn't do anything about it.

It wasn't until 10mins before the end of the game that they let us out and sheparded me and my Millscum 'mates' round the pitch to another stand....

It was a horrible atmosphere and I could sense something worse was about to happen and left the ground. As i got in the car i heard what was happening exactly where i was stood where they ripped up all the seats and threw them on the pitch....

There were scuffles at every street corner that night....I'm too scared to go tonight and watching on tv!!


__________________

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
stevethemouse

Avatar / Picture

Unofficial Shortarse
Registered:
Posts: 6,688
Reply with quote  #854 
Yep 85 thought it was earlier
ishotamancinreno

Avatar / Picture

First Team Player
Registered:
Posts: 4,698
Reply with quote  #855 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevethemouse
Tonight milwall visit Luton back in the 70s I remember a mass pitch invasion and running battle one of the offenders shown on tv was my school teacher he left soon afterward

Hell ! Mouse man! What chance is there when the teachers are at it! I remember the night they got promoted at Elland Road. We were in the top corner of the West Stand . In front of us a couple of rows down were a group of them , the difference was they were all in their late 40’s early 50’s . They’d flown up and were all dressed in expensive overcoats and gold! They turned on us at the end of the game but we were more and livelier so it turned out ok. Different mentality though !

__________________
.... WHEN I WAS JUST A BABY
     MY MOMMA TOLD ME  'SON,
     ALWAYS BE A GOOD BOY
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     BUT I SHOT A MANC IN RENO
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     
     


stevethemouse

Avatar / Picture

Unofficial Shortarse
Registered:
Posts: 6,688
Reply with quote  #856 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotamancinreno

Hell ! Mouse man! What chance is there when the teachers are at it! I remember the night they got promoted at Elland Road. We were in the top corner of the West Stand . In front of us a couple of rows down were a group of them , the difference was they were all in their late 40’s early 50’s . They’d flown up and were all dressed in expensive overcoats and gold! They turned on us at the end of the game but we were more and livelier so it turned out ok. Different mentality though !

 he was my english teacher lol
Tony Currie10

Avatar / Picture

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Registered:
Posts: 8,308
Reply with quote  #857 


Watch Luton v Millscum on Sky now and see what a handful Jake Cooper and Matt Smith will be from set pieces. ...We've got to somehow deal with this on Saturday.

And that's just the players i know are decent in the air....!!



And they've just said on the commentary that Millscum have scored the most goals from dead balls this season. ...!!



15 of Millscum 17 goals this season come from set pieces!!


__________________

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
enochs extra leg

Seasoned Pro
Registered:
Posts: 1,256
Reply with quote  #858 
Appo Halme scores assisted by Alex Mowatt against Derby😁
stevethemouse

Avatar / Picture

Unofficial Shortarse
Registered:
Posts: 6,688
Reply with quote  #859 
Don’t give corners away
norwichwhite

Seasoned Pro
Registered:
Posts: 1,080
Reply with quote  #860 
Neil harris resigns as milwall manager, good or bad thing?
stevethemouse

Avatar / Picture

Unofficial Shortarse
Registered:
Posts: 6,688
Reply with quote  #861 
Rowlet to Millwall
stevethemouse

Avatar / Picture

Unofficial Shortarse
Registered:
Posts: 6,688
Reply with quote  #862 
Camble to sarfend
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Registered:
Posts: 1,117
Reply with quote  #863 
Keogh dismissed by Derby for Gross Misconduct.
Has Mel made a rod for his own back here? The idiot was captain and should have known better but he wasn’t the driver, surely the driver (s) will receive the same? Doubt it because of the resale value and Keogh is shot now his knees are done in.

stevethemouse

Avatar / Picture

Unofficial Shortarse
Registered:
Posts: 6,688
Reply with quote  #864 
Saw that yesterday they were saying he had to take a pay cut to keep his job funny the others are being kept cant just be because they are worth something
stevethemouse

Avatar / Picture

Unofficial Shortarse
Registered:
Posts: 6,688
Reply with quote  #865 
Macclesfield in trouble plays and staff not getting paid in time second month running
stevethemouse

Avatar / Picture

Unofficial Shortarse
Registered:
Posts: 6,688
Reply with quote  #866 
Macclesfield in trouble plays and staff not getting paid in time second month running
BB

Avatar / Picture

On the subs bench
Registered:
Posts: 14,644
Reply with quote  #867 
Mel and Derby show their class again!
__________________
BB
Tony Currie10

Avatar / Picture

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Registered:
Posts: 8,308
Reply with quote  #868 


In a way i can see what Derby are doing by keeping Lawrence and Bennett til January and then selling them....

By sacking them they are getting rid and why should Derby lose out on a fee for another club to benefit by getting them for nothing?

If they were to be sacked immediately and were therefore free agents, all that would happen is that the PLAYERS AND THEIR AGENTS would go to the club offering them the best package. ...

If a player is at the end of his contract, goes on a free but was worth 10m for example, they'd probably pick up 5m (?) between them and their agent....why should they be "rewarded" for this?


__________________

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Registered:
Posts: 1,117
Reply with quote  #869 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevethemouse
Macclesfield in trouble plays and staff not getting paid in time second month running


my home town, I know a bit about this one and it’s fecked. Hated owner, no passion and pitiful gates. I spent a few months 2 years ago trying to inject Investment and punters but the owner was not interested even though it had zero cost attached.

stevethemouse

Avatar / Picture

Unofficial Shortarse
Registered:
Posts: 6,688
Reply with quote  #870 
Stoke boss rumours to be sacked today
BB

Avatar / Picture

On the subs bench
Registered:
Posts: 14,644
Reply with quote  #871 
Yup, Jones has now been sacked.
__________________
BB
batty4

Avatar / Picture

Seasoned Pro
Registered:
Posts: 2,081
Reply with quote  #872 
8 to 12 game ban for Kiko apparently
__________________
EFL IS CORRUPT
Tony Currie10

Avatar / Picture

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Registered:
Posts: 8,308
Reply with quote  #873 


FFS just when he's playing well!!

Wouldn't be surprised if we sack him just to make a stance and show we're doing the right thing....


__________________

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
BB

Avatar / Picture

On the subs bench
Registered:
Posts: 14,644
Reply with quote  #874 
I would like to know what the "conclusive proof" suggested actually is because if it is word against word then a dangerous precedent is being set.

Players could then go out, allege they have been abused by another team's star player/players safe in the knowledge they will be convicted and out of the game for weeks, thereby damaging their teams chances of winning games.

Hope everyone finds out the full facts on Wednesday when the EFL confirm their decision publicly.

__________________
BB
thevoiceofreason

Seasoned Pro
Registered:
Posts: 1,661
Reply with quote  #875 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB
I would like to know what the "conclusive proof" suggested actually is because if it is word against word then a dangerous precedent is being set.

Players could then go out, allege they have been abused by another team's star player/players safe in the knowledge they will be convicted and out of the game for weeks, thereby damaging their teams chances of winning games.

Hope everyone finds out the full facts on Wednesday when the EFL confirm their decision publicly.


Agreed,i too will be interested in what they have to say..... If they do have conclusive proof,then he deserves to have the book thrown at him.... but if they are basing their decision on hearsay,then i'm afraid it is going to set an awful precedent and like you say,it gives players the license to wrongly accuse opponents and get them banned purely by word of mouth.....
stevethemouse

Avatar / Picture

Unofficial Shortarse
Registered:
Posts: 6,688
Reply with quote  #876 
WBA 1 up v stoke
thevoiceofreason

Seasoned Pro
Registered:
Posts: 1,661
Reply with quote  #877 
So Kiko has been charged by the FA,but they are now saying he has until November 12 to respond..... Can someone explain to me now,does this mean they have conclusive proof and are just going through the motions or are they hoping he pleads guilty because they have no proof?
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Registered:
Posts: 1,117
Reply with quote  #878 
There is little burden of proof, merely a ‘strong likelihood‘ that the FA needs, it has its own ‘law’ that doesn’t reflect normal law. phil Hay did a huge article on it.

rumours doing the rounds are Kiko apparently said, in Spanish, “Mark the black lad”. its The only appeal I’ve found that was successful is precisely this scenario of offending word, it’s all in how it’s portrayed. 
BB

Avatar / Picture

On the subs bench
Registered:
Posts: 14,644
Reply with quote  #879 
Neil Redfearn has walked out on Newcastle United U23s amid a fallout with a member of his coaching staff. Apparently Good Ole Redders was accused of only being able to talk a good story rather than being a good coach.
__________________
BB
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Registered:
Posts: 1,117
Reply with quote  #880 
Bye bye Colin...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50380702

strange timing, someone become available or just cutting ties?
BB

Avatar / Picture

On the subs bench
Registered:
Posts: 14,644
Reply with quote  #881 
Think he may have been sacked but walked before any embarrassment.

They need to go up this year or will face dire financial circumstances particularly as FIFA has to them they must pay the £15.4million Sala fee.

__________________
BB
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Registered:
Posts: 1,117
Reply with quote  #882 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB
Think he may have been sacked but walked before any embarrassment.

They need to go up this year or will face dire financial circumstances particularly as FIFA has to them they must pay the £15.4million Sala fee.


There is a probability of them cutting ties over the Sala situation (what I was eluding to), maybe in response to it directly (pilot etc.) or something else.
They have parachute payments for a couple of years yet but I get what you mean. He already said he wasn’t going past his year, if someone has become available get rid now. That was the other part I was thinking about. Who’s next from the manager merry go round? Who’s want it more to the point other than desperate chancers?
ishotamancinreno

Avatar / Picture

First Team Player
Registered:
Posts: 4,698
Reply with quote  #883 
Southampton job coming up. ? Fire fighter?
__________________
.... WHEN I WAS JUST A BABY
     MY MOMMA TOLD ME  'SON,
     ALWAYS BE A GOOD BOY
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     BUT I SHOT A MANC IN RENO
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     
     


BB

Avatar / Picture

On the subs bench
Registered:
Posts: 14,644
Reply with quote  #884 
Saints fans will not be happy with Colin's style of play!

But they would happily accept him if he kept them up!

However, I think Mel Morris has approached him and the Derby job awaits.

__________________
BB
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Registered:
Posts: 1,117
Reply with quote  #885 
I think Colin will disappear now apart from punditry. I’m wondering who they bring in who would touch them with a barge pole in their current position both on and off the field.
BB

Avatar / Picture

On the subs bench
Registered:
Posts: 14,644
Reply with quote  #886 
Money talks ISAMIR! Colin til the end of the season then Rooney thereafter.

Need to be a top six side this season and be able to get rid of Keogh without paying a penny.





__________________
BB
thevoiceofreason

Seasoned Pro
Registered:
Posts: 1,661
Reply with quote  #887 
I'm baffled at the FA's decision to grant Kiko an extension for his response.... If they have evidence then surely it's an open and shut case.... if not then the charges should be dropped... but an extension? All that does is distact us and potentially make him miss more important fixtures....
BB

Avatar / Picture

On the subs bench
Registered:
Posts: 14,644
Reply with quote  #888 
It's a dangerous precedent. "Balance of probability" allows teams to play a direct competitor and then accuse 6 players of saying racial slurs. Leno is a West Brom player, imagine if Pablo said 6 West Brom players called him a "S.." when we play them on Jan 1st. Would be interesting to see if the FA give the same penalty.

Word v word is no good in any justice system as it inevitably leads to corruption. 

__________________
BB
LUID

On the subs bench
Registered:
Posts: 8,491
Reply with quote  #889 
Yes BB it's a potential minefield. AK was right to highlight the wider legal issues in his programme notes at the weekend.
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Registered:
Posts: 1,117
Reply with quote  #890 
Sheff Wed are gooooooooooooosed (hopefully)
BB

Avatar / Picture

On the subs bench
Registered:
Posts: 14,644
Reply with quote  #891 
Villa, Derby and Reading will be sweating too!
__________________
BB
BB

Avatar / Picture

On the subs bench
Registered:
Posts: 14,644
Reply with quote  #892 
Myles Garret of NFL team Cleveland Browns now suggesting his attack on Rudolph was because he said racial slurs.

FFS, I am black, I have faced racial slurs during the 30 years I played rugby but words do not incense me so much that I have to act like a savage/coward. Equally, I have taunted guys by calling them "Gay, ginger, fat, grandad" and worse. When the whistle went it was over. 

It's too easy to use the race card. I can understand when it comes from the fans. I hated that and it affected me. 

I just hope one of our players complains of being racially abused when we play Preston and WBA.

Kiko cannot be banned on "the balance of probability" when just 2 Charlton players say so, one of whom is a WBA player and a direct competitor.

If the ref heard it then OK, throw the book at him but the ref did not!



__________________
BB
batty4

Avatar / Picture

Seasoned Pro
Registered:
Posts: 2,081
Reply with quote  #893 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB
Myles Garret of NFL team Cleveland Browns now suggesting his attack on Rudolph was because he said racial slurs.

FFS, I am black, I have faced racial slurs during the 30 years I played rugby but words do not incense me so much that I have to act like a savage/coward. Equally, I have taunted guys by calling them "Gay, ginger, fat, grandad" and worse. When the whistle went it was over. 

It's too easy to use the race card. I can understand when it comes from the fans. I hated that and it affected me. 

I just hope one of our players complains of being racially abused when we play Preston and WBA.

Kiko cannot be banned on "the balance of probability" when just 2 Charlton players say so, one of whom is a WBA player and a direct competitor.

If the ref heard it then OK, throw the book at him but the ref did not!




Yes BB but Miles Garrett did hit him over the head with a helmet 😁

__________________
EFL IS CORRUPT
BB

Avatar / Picture

On the subs bench
Registered:
Posts: 14,644
Reply with quote  #894 
That was my point. Miles is black and is now using the race card to minimise his ban. It becomes word versus word. 

I am black, have been insulted in far worse ways but never resorted to those sort of actions.

__________________
BB
king of the lurkers

New Signing
Registered:
Posts: 10
Reply with quote  #895 
You make a series of good  and interesting points and posts on this BB. I have some mates who are Yeovil Town fan's and truly horrified about the accusations against the club. They are anti-racist and support the manager and teams 

instant actions in support of the offended player and team. But ,getting at evidence isn't that easy even with a desire to support any anti racist action. There's now four fans charged ,it will be interesting to see how it all unfolds, I do

know the fans position will be court evidence based. I don't buy something this serious on the pitch decided by a sports panel unless its totally clear cut and accepted evidence.

If only things were simple justice would be easy to dispense and i think nowadays loads of fans would fully support it.. but we know it can be unclear .  If you'd a playing career, had no truck with racism and something occurred to spoil

your reputation it would be horrifying. Obviously you might have been stupid but if you had a decent record surely a character would confess to that ,point to the previous, apologise for the offence, take the hit and hope for some eventual 

forgiveness, you'd be helping to redeem your daftness.  But if there was a mistake... and the evidence wasn't that clear you'd want your day in an actual court regardless of  any sports judgement. You might have accrued honours in a 

career but you've only the one reputation to leave it with ,  wouldn't you empty out your piggy bank to try and sort that ?  Of course evidence is evidence is evidence but this is serious territory in every way.    However, to be continued...


By the way, when you started re posting  again BB it was a good day for the site.


BB

Avatar / Picture

On the subs bench
Registered:
Posts: 14,644
Reply with quote  #896 
Thank you KOTL.

There are many other good/great posters I hope return.

__________________
BB
thevoiceofreason

Seasoned Pro
Registered:
Posts: 1,661
Reply with quote  #897 
Preston are getting thumped 3-0 by Hull..... good result for us that....👍
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Registered:
Posts: 1,117
Reply with quote  #898 
Watching WBA and they look a good outfit. The results right now all favour Leeds promotion hopes even though we drop to 2nd. I’m happy for WBA to take points off everyone in the top 8 except us and it should open a nice little gap at the top.
stevethemouse

Avatar / Picture

Unofficial Shortarse
Registered:
Posts: 6,688
Reply with quote  #899 
WBA 2 up
thevoiceofreason

Seasoned Pro
Registered:
Posts: 1,661
Reply with quote  #900 
Forest have had a good win tonight,they are sneaking up on us and they have a game in hand..... we can't afford to get complacent or we'll let them or Fulham into 2nd..... 😑
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.