Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Lilly
No not me or Harriet, cnuts...

One thing that really gets me about the modern player is their lack of professionalism in getting booked for whipping off their shirts after scoring. While it's a ridiculous rule and one side of me can't help enjoy the spectacle of Doukara's impressive six pack.. It really riles me to see our players picking up needless yellow cards that could impact our season down the line. Do they even get a reprimand from the manager/ club?

Stupid...
GuisboroughLUFC
I agree. Its a waste of a taking one for the team yellow card, later in the season.

They should change taking there top off, and replacing it with lifting your shirt over your head, like we used to at school with our coats on a windy day.

This will then elevate the yellow card as the top would not be removed totally.

Every Success Begins With A Dream.
14/15 Championship Runner Up (Unbeaten)
13/14 Hotdog Trophy Winner
Daniel2
The was implemented due to the players who wore under shirts with religious/policatal slogans which has not place in football and should be carded but Doukara should not have. On a side note he did struggle to remove his shirt due to his size.
Lilly
Which should have given him pause for thought, Daniel..
Ridsdales Goldfish
I sympathize  with Doukara and Sharp.

I'm dying to rip my top off all the time and get my chiseled rig out.

I'll take the yellow card [running-around-smiley-emoticon]
Tony Montana
Wrinkled wig more like.

[Tm1_5e122506ebbe4]

" I shall not rest until Leeds United are kicked out of the football league. There fans are the scum of the Earth, absolute animals and a disgrace. I will do everything in my power to make this happen". Kenneth William Bates Chelsea Owner and Chairman April 28th 1984.
Ridsdales Goldfish
Steady on Tarzan [rofl]
Rawdonwhite
Sorry, wrong thread but I sort of agree, a waste of a card but it shouldn't be a yellow card offence unless obviously time wasting.
thevoiceofreason
What riles me is that we don't see it in womens football.......[m1516]
Halifax white
I bet he wont do it if he already had a yellow card[referee-red-card-smiley-emoticon]
Harrietleeds
Somewhat conflicted. 

Stupid to get yellow cards, but if Bianchi decides to take his kit off in front of me - well, I can see the positives.
Harrietleeds
Actually you do. I've seen woman players wave their shirts. 

They wear sports bras, of course, which is a bit like a corset so don't get too excited at the thought.
thevoiceofreason
Well there's no danger of me celebrating a goal by taking my shirt off (and showing my sexy pot belly [stop]) My football playing days are well and truly behind me.... [biggrin]
Rhino White
Heat of the moment in a highly charged atmosphere for me it just makes the FA and the Refs look like cnuts goal celebrations should be encouraged FFS its an entertainment sport.
LUdacris
Totally agree Rhino, the fun and emotion is slowly getting removed from the game.
[ulufc_banner_2018] 

Your 365 days-a-year, 24/7 moderator...unless it's Christmas
...or New Year...or Bank Holiday...or a weekend, then I'm outta here.
Lilly
LUdacris wrote:
Totally agree Rhino, the fun and emotion is slowly getting removed from the game.

I don't disagree but where the punishment is a yellow card it's still unprofessional.
Marsh Spain
Harrietleeds wrote:
Somewhat conflicted. 

Stupid to get yellow cards, but if Bianchi decides to take his kit off in front of me - well, I can see the positives.

sounds like you'll be seeing more than the positives Harriet [smiley-scared004]

thevoiceofreason
I see where you are coming from Lilly,a rule is a rule and I agree that if a player blatently disregards a rule he is being unprofessional.....But I also agree with Rhino and Ludacris,it's a stupid rule and it shouldn't be in place.....And it is harsh to book a player for celebrating a goal,because he is then walking a tightrope for the rest of the match knowing that if he commits a bookable offense he is off...and for me he would have every right to feel hard done by because of a silly rule...... Instead of booking them,refs should order them to the pitchside to put their shirt back on and tell them to wait until he gives them permission to come back on the pitch.....That way there are no unnecessary bookings and you would probably find that not many players would do it then because they are leaving their side a man down for a few moments and we all know it only takes a few moments for a chance to be created in football....
Kingcurrie
Sometimes you have to say "who gives a feck" This was one of those times.