Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

stevethemouse
To open before the season is over
Don’t know if that’s a good or bad idea
enochs extra leg
Getting linked with Foyte from spurs,Daniel Ayala and some Argentine striker Gaiche on clickbait sites
Tony Currie10

Foyth has so much potential and the perfect fit for a Bielsa type player in bringing the ball out etc. Still young and WILL be a Premier player. Would love him WITH Ben White but a great replacement if we can't keep him....

I know many won't want Ayala but he'd be a good enough 4th choice.... remember we can't get FOUR new CBs! I don't know if a youngster is ready to come through from our academy yet. Coops would be 3rd choice....

Gaiche SOUNDS good but don't know enough about him....

It's all bollox anyway as we don't know what division we're going to be in yet.... unless it's great foresight and we planning already. That's not like us though and we do most of our business towards the end of the window....

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
batty4
Is that right that Juan Foyth is joining on loan in the summer?
EFL IS CORRUPT
BB
Cresswell has looked supreme in the U23s. Am sure we can be a top op CB. Dominant in the air, comfortable on the ball and a real leader.

Struijk is also a very talented CB. If we lose White and keep Berardi, we only need one more CB as both of the 2 young guys are capable.

BB
PapaSmurf
BB wrote:
Cresswell has looked supreme in the U23s. Am sure we can be a top op CB. Dominant in the air, comfortable on the ball and a real leader.

Struijk is also a very talented CB. If we lose White and keep Berardi, we only need one more CB as both of the 2 young guys are capable.

I think BB is right. We can debate the strengths and weaknesses of the youth team all night, but I think we can all agree that Cresswell, Casey, Strujik and Davis gives us a lot of depth in this position. Cooper is clearly number one choice, and MB likes Beradi. This is the one area of the squad that I don't see us strengthening, apart from trying to sign White on a permanent.

Also once we have paid for Costa, Augustin, Meslier and Harrison, there's not going to be much change from £50m.
enochs extra leg
PapaSmurf wrote:

I think BB is right. We can debate the strengths and weaknesses of the youth team all night, but I think we can all agree that Cresswell, Casey, Strujik and Davis gives us a lot of depth in this position. Cooper is clearly number one choice, and MB likes Beradi. This is the one area of the squad that I don't see us strengthening, apart from trying to sign White on a permanent.

Also once we have paid for Costa, Augustin, Meslier and Harrison, there's not going to be much change from £50m.

Really cant see us signing Augustin,he has been injured or unfit since he arrived.
If we go up and White doesnt stay,we will need 2 new center backs with experience,if coops gets injured long term I wouldnt want to have to rely on 2 young unproven center backs up against PL strikers.
Berra still hasnt been offered a new deal.

White,Foyth,Cooper & the young lads would be nice
Danish Leeds Fan
Can we get out of the Augustin deal, at all?

Apart from White, bringing in loan players for just one season hasn’t really paid off. Harrison wasn’t really good until his 2nd season with us. Rather, buy or let Bielsa do his magic on our u23 talents, than waste time and money on improving the value of other clubs’ talents.

By the way: does anyone other than me fear that our current players are ‘over-performing’ under Bielsa? Meaning, with the current squad we would immediately be in a not so good situation, should we (God forbid) lose Bielsa.
Tony Currie10

As we all know that if we CAN sign Ben White, he's gonna be found out and have a c-rap season with us after a great loan period.... it always happens to us.

FFS, can you imagine the likes of Sterling, Son, Salah, Rashford running at Coops?

The good news for us is that we'll have Beradi covering just behind him....

Nice positive post for the early morning....

JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
Belgiantoo
Have to agree with likes of TC10 anc Enoch here.
If White, as is expected returns to Brighton, we surely need a couple of new CB's (at least one those of known quality and experience).
Don't forget the quality and pace of the kind of players we hope to be facing next season is more than just a step up !

The likes of Cresswell, Struijk, Casey, Davis, are no doubt talented youngsters.
But if i'm not wrong, only Struijk has actually got to play a few minutes in the Championship.
Would be a big ask expecting them to take the Premiership in their stride. 
Bull Thick With Drink
Im not saying planning for the future isn't a good idea but surely all of the Clubs efforts should be concentrating on getting out of the championship before wondering who our CB pairing should be in a PL season.

"if" we go up and dont get me wrong i love Coops & Beradi are they PL standard? could they cope with PL attackers? im not so sure Beradi i feel would revert to type and chop a fella down but you cant play if your suspended and Coops dosent have the pace so for me i think these two in particular would only be squad players at best which saddens me because they have given so much to the jersey.

For me i think we have to look at 2 honest to goodness, out and out defenders, (nothing like an argie or and italian in my book to fit the bill). But for now concentrate on Cardiff and the old saying one game at a time, then the next, finish the season see where we are and then dabble in the transfer scene.

Once step at a time lads

MOT
[165px-Leeds_United_Logo] 

Lastman Standing Champion 2014 Lastman Standing Champion 2012
LUFC Prediction League Winner 2009/2010

BB
Phil Hay is saying more than 1 person at LUFC has tested positive for Covid-19 but last tests showed no-one else. More Tests due today/over the weekend. Covid-19 could play a part in how the season pans out so let's not be opening the champagne yet!
BB
Bull Thick With Drink
If the season cant finish next time it will be decide upon PPG id say

batty4
BB wrote:
Phil Hay is saying more than 1 person at LUFC has tested positive for Covid-19 but last tests showed no-one else. More Tests due today/over the weekend. Covid-19 could play a part in how the season pans out so let's not be opening the champagne yet!

I heard 6 in the championship, one here also
EFL IS CORRUPT
ishotamancinreno
Thats been agreed already Bull. We have the luxury of that if things go wrong again.
.... WHEN I WAS JUST A BABY
     MY MOMMA TOLD ME  'SON,
     ALWAYS BE A GOOD BOY
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     BUT I SHOT A MANC IN RENO
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

thevoiceofreason
Does anyone know how close it is with PPG?
For instance,if we were to lose against Cardiff and Fulham and then the season was abandonned,would we still go up through PPG....
enochs extra leg
thevoiceofreason wrote:
Does anyone know how close it is with PPG?
For instance,if we were to lose against Cardiff and Fulham and then the season was abandonned,would we still go up through PPG....

PPG will be the league table if everyone has played the same amount of games.we are 7 points ahead of Fulham so we would go up if we lost our next 2 games and the season was abandoned
PapaSmurf

As we all know that if we CAN sign Ben White, he's gonna be found out and have a c-rap season with us after a great loan period.... it always happens to us.

FFS, can you imagine the likes of Sterling, Son, Salah, Rashford running at Coops?

The good news for us is that we'll have Beradi covering just behind him....

Nice positive post for the early morning....
That's the thing, I can imageine Sterling, Son, Salah, Rashford running at Coops. And I think he's proved over the past two seasons under Biesla, he's got the game for it. At 28 he's at the peak of his game, he's now a Scotland international, he plays the ball to feet and out of defence. He's a strong left foot, he's an intelligent player and an organiser. Biesla's style of play clearly suits him, he's good in possession, he's a team player and undisputed captain. I'd say Coops and Phillips are probably the two most important players in our team, and almost certainly the first names in the starting XI. 
thevoiceofreason

PPG will be the league table if everyone has played the same amount of games.we are 7 points ahead of Fulham so we would go up if we lost our next 2 games and the season was abandoned

👍
PapaSmurf
I finally watched Russell Crowe's Take Us Home over the past few nights. One of the things that came across acutely was just how focused player recruitment is. Leeds were chasing only two players last christmas. They got one, and were minutes away from securing the second until Cardiff pulled the rug out. I expect more of the same this summer.

The priority is either to sort out the contracts of the  five existing loan players, or bring in replacements.  Costa is nailed on and Harrison and Meslier look to be done deals. We don't know the arrangements for Augustin - we might be committed to signing him, we might not. White is supposedly in demand but I wouldn't be surprised if  upon securing promotion, he chooses to stay with us.  That doesn't leave much room for any incoming players, apart from maybe a LB, as I fully expect MB to continue with his streamline first team squad. 
Bull Thick With Drink
With Manure stepping up their efforts to sign Jack Grealish from Villa its another reason i'll love to despise that shower.
Only down side i see is that Villa will bank the £75m

Tony Currie10
Hope he does go to them as I don't think he's come on as much as he should in the last couple of years. He used to be a free flowing footballer and took people on. To me he now gets the ball and just passes it 5/10yds....or he's fkn rolling round on the floor.

It would also help with seeing Daniel James leave as per the rumours last week. I can't believe that though and surely he's only gonna get better after just one season in the Prem.

I'd love to have him with us and we could rotate James, Harrison and Costa.... 

enochs extra leg
We are in advance talks to sign Jaden Raymond from palace.16 y.o. English under age international 
Soopaleeds
Love that turn of phrase - an underage international........
Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
PapaSmurf
£35m asking fee for Ben White. Don't see that happening.
Soopaleeds
Really? Have Liverpool or another big side come in for him or is that deal for us?
Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
BB
Speaking to an agent friend of mine, it depends on the lad. If he puts a transfer request in and tells Brighton he wants to go, then they will just seek the best price. As he is only 5'11" None of the top 6 in the Prem will touch him for more than £20million. They all want 6'4" guys that have pace, can play and are aerially dominant. He even doubts £15million is low enough to attract them. 

Brighton have Webster Dunk Burn and Clarke as CB options. So Ben will be their 5th CB. If he loves LUFC, he agitates for a move and we get him for £15million + add ons

He owes Brighton nothing. They have not developed him. Newport, Peterborough and LUFC have over the past 3 seasons. If Brighton were honest, they never rated him cos of his height. Now he has proved he can play, they just want to get the best fee.
BB
Soopaleeds
A good take on the situation - and rings true
Do we know how much he fancies a move here vs a big money switch though.....
Bull Thick With Drink
Fair summary BB and an interesting view on how it may go.

Cant blame the lad for wanting to stay with the club and play with his teammates in the top flight that they all worked so hard for.

MB must take huge credit for developing White and entrusting faith in a relatively "small" CB these days, but tbf BW has repaid Marcelo in spades upto this point of the season

andyl
Arguably the player of the season 
Bull Thick With Drink
Certainly in my top 3

Kalvin, Pablo & White

But kudos to Harrison, coops, and of course the blond space cadet as well

Soopaleeds
I haven't had much to complain about all across the squad this season - with the exception of Kiko, who I have panned consistently and without let up... 
If there's one player who may turn out to be the difference in the run in (thinking about failure last season) and a great long term signing it's Meslier.