Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Tony Currie10

Tin hat time.... is he all that!?

From what I've seen he's only had a couple of really good games for us that I can remember.... WBA last season (?) and coming off the bench v Hull to score twice (both superbly taken).

He's far too inconsistent but Bielsa seems to love him as he's straight back in the squad every time he returns from injury....

I hope I'm not being too harsh on him as he's only 21....

However, he's permanently injured. How many games has he played in his time with us?

Are we actually thinking he's better than he is because of Bamfords recent poor scoring record and the lack of playing time for Augustin?

It's great that he can be seen as a replacement for a striker or just playing behind but would he score 20 a season? Would he make loads of assists?

I do hope I'm not doing a disservice to the youngster but I'm only going on what we've seen so far.... yes, he obviously has POTENTIAL but then hasn't EVERY young player!?

Before you start posting, I'm not slaughtering the lad but just asking if he's gonna be our hero because I simply haven't seen enough from him yet.

Jeez, I really do hope I'm wrong and he fires us the goals, or makes them, to get us promoted.... good luck Tyler.

2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
LUID
I rate him , highly. He gives us another option/dimension in final third. It's all about keeping him fit. He is more suited to PL football , imo , so will be a big player for us next season if we secure promotion.
BB
He had a major injury last year which could have ended his career. 

Something like an infection after his shin operation which cause him to miss the last part of last season and preseason. 

If he can stay fit and enjoy a full preseason, he will be sensational for us next season, even if we are in the Prem.

His movement, close control in tight spaces, dribbling and finishing are superb + he has some pace too.

He just needs an injury free sustained period of action.
BB
LeedsPremChamps2020
The injury sounds horrendous from Phil Hay’s article. Had the shin issue as soon as he signed, then in the summer they found the infection that is a career ender which he caught just in time. The infection has caused him to need a 3rd operation on the tendon and muscle to allow he freedom of movement. He seems to have ‘always been injured’ because that first injury has never been sorted.
For me, if he can overcome this and stay fit he will make more of a difference than anyone so far, he has bundles of ability, an eye for goal and fits our style. I am wondering what we will see if both he and Kev (if he stays) will be like after a pre-season with Bielsa.
I am also wondering if players can show development for a third year or will MB have rung out every piece of talent for some already?
I should’ve just put 2020/21 damn it!
Championship Champions is close enough for me!

WE ARE BACK BABY!
Peterlufc
Totally agree LPC 
Roberts had a nightmare time according to Phil.
Not been published by Club do not know why.
think  fans would be in awe of what Roberts has been through.
If he can stay fit will have big role to play in last 9 games.
Sweetbagger
Cracking player if he can stay fit. It was all starting to click for him towards the end of last season, when he had a run of games, sadly the injury put an end to that.
Soopaleeds
He showed at the Hull game when coming in cold in the second half that he can be a real asset....

The reality is (his fault, injury or otherwise) he has to repeat that many, many times before he becomes seen as a real player. He hasn't yet.
Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
Daniel2
His biggest problem is the fact that since he became a full time senior professional footballer he has not completed one full preseason causing his body to not be able to withstand the strain and then breaks down. His level of ability with the ball, his physical abilities and is game I.Q are all above average. At 20 / 21 years old he now needs to have a strong preseason to put the work into his body. The current time off and extra training time is just what he needs. He is a good number 10 forward...