Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Unofficial LUFC

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #51 
Back from the Dead - Sorry Guy, one word is not enough to condemn a man but I am fairly sure Leno may have been a bit too loose with the truth.

What did he do to provoke any comment, if ever one was made?

Sorry, one word on a field of play would not upset me and I played rugby runion in the 80's, 90's and 2000's. Once when a BNP rally was going on at the end of the field! I stood my ground and gave as good as I got. It would have been different if the whole crowd was against me but my friends also stood up for me in any circumstances which made the game and out friendship mean more.

On another topic, Thackley seems a tad quiet tonight.

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #52 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bite your legs

Looking on official site there's loads of availability.

36 thousand I thought I heard em saying
stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #53 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeedsPremChamps2020
I didn’t like the way Cooper pulled up and went off. Just as we get Ayling back we lose another one. Hopefully Pablo isn’t out too long as well. Are we seeing a repeat of injuries starting again? Did it ever leave?
If cooper is now out for 6-8 weeks we need to get something settled quickly and my guess is Beradi and maybe Strucjk(sp?) is the lad showing most form at the back isn’t he in the u23’s?

This is a cracking game for the neutral but it could go either way and I don’t expect 11 v 11 to finish if it keeps with the same tempo.

Early a baggie took his legs from him from behind should have been a red
stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #54 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macwhite
How the fook was Bamford MOM???

You are joking he fought for everything was amazing in defending then ran the length of the pitch roughing up their defenders all over the place well deserved
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #55 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevethemouse

You are joking he fought for everything was amazing in defending then ran the length of the pitch roughing up their defenders all over the place well deserved

Totally agreed Steve! Patrick was definitely MOM.

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #56 
Bamford deservedly so after leading the line so well and defending the front post at set pieces . White was very good too , especially in Cooper’s absence after injury.
Belgiantoo

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #57 
Bamford (gave it all, skill, workrate, movement, just a (deserved) goal was missing.
White, strong, quick, positioning and read the game so well.
Dallas, energy & movement in abundance, shows skills i didn't think he had, has found a whole new level → impressed by and would say our most improved player thus far.
Klich also had a very good game, didn't run out of steam this time around.
Harrison mixed the good and bad/poor, now shows he has the beating of his opponents but still more often than not f's up his final pass.

Most pleasing for me was that we showed fight all over the pitch and have the ability to win 'ugly'.
Now we've got to do the same at that lovely place in East London.

andyl

New Signing
Reply with quote  #58 
For me White has been an unsung hero. Goes about his game with a minimum of fuss and bother. Classy.
Lord Snoddy Weather Man

The Weather Man
Reply with quote  #59 
The players put a lot of energy in to that performance last night I just hope they have some left for Saturday. I see Millwall play tonight, hope they have a rough night.
Pity about the Cooper injury, hope it's not as bad as it looks.
Dallas looks like a man transformed, alioski is superhuman I bet he could beat mo farah at 10000 metres .
Good to see Bamford put a lot of effort in, wish he could get back in the goals but he played well, I do find his constant whining to refs bloody annoying like but hey ho that's part of football nowadays I suppose.

I don't feel we are a tip 2 team myself, hope I'm wrong obviously. Can't see Fulham not going up so that leaves one spot. Play offs for me from what I have seen 10 games in.

Going to be a roller coaster of a season again. I hope if we have a chance come January that we actually invest in the players we will need when injuries kick in.

New Signing
Reply with quote  #60 
Bamford needed that game as did the whole team
Not just for the 3 points but confidence that will have to give them they know now they can beet the best in this league with skill and guts

Think we will see a new Bamford I also think we see a new Leeds United one that does not falle in the last 5 mins of a game
but one that when in front will close games out slam the door on there opponents
Macwhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #61 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevethemouse

I’m not joking at all STM, I would have given it to Alioski, as he did what he’s paid to do and consequently achieved an end result, an end product yeah?!
What is Bamford paid to do as a no 9 then....Fall over a lot and not put the ball in the net??
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #62 
"What is Bamford paid to do as a no 9 then....Fall over a lot and not put the ball in the net??"

Well most of the Prem Strikers are paid huge amounts to fall over a lot and not put the ball in the net. No reason why Paddy should not do the same.

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #63 
🤣😂🤣
batty4

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #64 
Don't get me wrong I would like our main striker to be scoring more but I thought that Bamford had a great game TBF

He brings loads of others into the game with his play, so perhaps we should also look at why they are not scoring too!!

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #65 
I don’t know who the others are! Pablo and Klich scored the most they had done in a season last year and by Klichs own admission was surprised that he scored that many. It’ll be hard for him to replicate that again likewise Pablo. Harrison is not a goal scoring winger at this stage of his career (he can barely cross let alone score), Roberts is still young and has never scored prolifically before, Alioski is like Harrison and Philips sits deep in his role so he will be lucky to score 5 this year. Our defenders have never put more than a couple in each a year and so...if Patrick doesn’t score we struggle. Nketiah will be big but needs a go by MB which I’m sure he’ll get but let’s hope it’s sooner rather than later or Patrick finds his scoring boots
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.