Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

icelandic white Show full post »
LeedsPremChamps2020

I thought Pascal did well.

I read an article that said he almost asked for a transfer because he felt he let everyone down in the Cardiff game (came on and we conceded), glad he has a mental pick me up.

You have to doff your cap to Barnsley‘s manager, he knew of MB’s ‘need’ to outnumber strikers so he threw on three and it played havoc with any plans. They compressed any space to move the ball as we normally would which forced the long ball, Pat did well to force the defence to follow him everywhere, if not for his movement we wouldn’t have got anything out of that a game imo, not just for the goal but because their defence actually had to work even though we weren’t getting the ball to him often enough.

For most of the game the tactics confused the players, we changed formation 7-8 times in the first half alone not including Costa’s injury, the second was the same with less changes to give the players a better chance, I expect tomorrow to be a long day for Beilsa’s staff to counter that situation next time (although I don’t see it happening often, he WILL want a plan). I wouldn’t say anyone covered themselves in glory (defence was the better players) but no one was awful, it was a good game for the neutral and anyone who studies the game, a new way to tackle our frenetic high press.

I should’ve just put 2020/21 damn it!
Championship Champions is close enough for me!

WE ARE BACK BABY!
Danish Leeds Fan
Good analysis, LPC2020 (you somehow got close when you chose that name, years ago!).
T1og
We will beet Darby MB will not allow the lads to play like that again 

Reasons Y because my Hart won't take another game like that allowing Barnsley to do to us what we do to others

If they weren't as poor as they were in front of goal there's no doubt they would have 3 points now.

But here we are just 1 point away from the prem 
Time to finish this and we're better than at Darby
Tony Currie10

Barnsley tactics were spot on and the only reason they didn't get anything out of the game is because their players simply aren't good enough.... it's why they're bottom!

The good news is that we got away with it but will hopefully be able to combat a side who employ a high press and stop us playing from the back.... 

I keep saying over the past couple of years that teams should TRY to play this way against teams like Barca or Citeh. They put EVERYONE behind the ball and hope for a point. They get a goal down eventually and then cave in.... 

Why don't teams put 3 players up front from the start and leave 3 players on the halfway line when defending set pieces etc? It would fk the opposition up at least in the mindset of thinking that they can't push forward and leave unmarked players....

I'm not saying that it would definitely work but TRY it.... sitting behind the ball is proven not to work overall!!!!

A point is cr-ap anyway compared to 3....why not change it to 4/5 points for a win and no team would come to defend!!? 

2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
batty4
People keep going on about Brentwood this and Brentwood that, its doing my ed in

After 31 games we were 4 points behind WBA and only 2 points ahead of Brentwood. We are now 5 and 6 points ahead of those two teams respectively. We were also only 5 points ahead of 6th and now that gap is 20 points so Fook you Brentwood âœŒ
EFL IS CORRUPT
batty4
Did anybody here Paddy's interview last night with Orta singing his head off behind the wall. it made I giggle ðŸ˜ðŸ˜
EFL IS CORRUPT
andyl

Baffling decision to have what in effect were 4 centre half's on the pitch. I think Bielsa got away with it. The fluidity of the team was missing in the second half, losing Costa and taking Harrison off drew our teeth and options.

Don’t get me wrong if someone had said “ we’ll have 3 points come 7pm guaranteed “ I’d have been delighted. It will take a few days for my nerves to settle, just in time for the Derby game!

Bull Thick With Drink
That was a hard watch last night, if we had lost that game i dont think we could complained, BUT WE DIDNT,

For me winning a game when not at your best is a sign of a good team and just think of the scumchester, loserpool, arsewipes of the past when at times they played poorly they still managed to pick up points, so im quite happy to draw a line understand last nights performance its the result that counts and we got the 3 points and thats all the record books will show.

I thought Struijk had a great game after his first lapse of concentration and i agree on shacks. He brought instant energy into the team when he came on, by why only give him 5 mins? surely he has 20mins at this level and at least that gives him a little time to put a mark on the game.

Onwards and upwards lads

Take a look at the table if any of ye are worried, for fingernail repairs contact TC10

MOT

PS welcome 1972Glory keep posting its good to hear different opinions on here but one word of advice

TC10 - Tread very carefully
Batty4 - Dosen't know one end of horse to another
Lord Windybollox - Whatever you do please ignore his weather forecasts, this fella is no Michael Fish.

Now if your looking for Football Accums - Bull is the man (that would be me btw)
[165px-Leeds_United_Logo] 

Lastman Standing Champion 2014 Lastman Standing Champion 2012
LUFC Prediction League Winner 2009/2010

1972Glory
lol!!
Tony Currie10
FFS Glory don't listen to Bull.... the only thing that rings true about his football tips is his username. 

Yes, we didn't play well last night but in the 7 games we've played we've won 5, drawn 1 and lost 1, winning our last 4 whilst scoring 10 in the process....a superb run and promotion winning form.

When we came back after the enforced break with 9 games to play, we were 7pts clear of 3rd....

Brentwood have admittedly been on a great run and we're still 6pts clear of 3rd with TWO games to go!! 👍

Only a defect of ONE point!! 

I've found some of the reports a bit harsh considering we're on the brink of promotion.... we can't play total football EVERY game. 

Barca lost at home last night and Citeh struggled to beat the mighty Bournemouth the night before.... that's football!! 

ANNOUNCE PROMOTION NOW.... 

2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
LUID
Never seen Bielsa so manic for so long and constantly changing the team shape , tactics and personnel . I’m sure that’s why he had a word with them Barnsley manager immediately after the game . He recognises coaching talent , even in the aftermath of such an important win for the club. So humble and appreciative of the efforts which the opposition had shown in the match.
bite your legs
Brilliant result im amazed by people's reactions, don't they realize what pressure nerves and expectations does to people, yeah it wasn't a good performance, but the result was all important and that's all that matters at this stage, just sit back and enjoy, especially when Stoke take something off Brentford tomorrow.
LeedsPremChamps2020

Good analysis, LPC2020 (you somehow got close when you chose that name, years ago!).

ive had that username on different forums for 10 years and more!

If I’d add /21 to the end it could still come true 😉 

I should’ve just put 2020/21 damn it!
Championship Champions is close enough for me!

WE ARE BACK BABY!
stevethemouse
Still two to go iceman come on hero