Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

icelandic white Show full post »
T1og
Bamford could cost Leeds 100s of Millions he's a nightmare 
How sole destroying must it be for the rest of the team when they run there harts out  bust a gut game in gametgame outcout to create the  chance there do just to see Bamford mess it up in front gaol 

How Hart bracking must it be to know they should already have this league rapt up for the want of a hard decent striker infarct any one of the strikers in any one of the teams in this league
I know how I feel when I see him fluff another chance after chance after chance

I know how I feel sat here writing this thinking this lad is going to cost us the Premiership and the club umpteen Millions he could put us back 10y 
Put Roberts up front will we still have the chance to end this nightmare 
Bull Thick With Drink
Like you andyl i dont like having a go at bamford we all know he puts a shift in but at the end of the day his job is to score and for me i just dont regard him as a goalscoring treat, defenders are copping onto that now too so some have taken to watching the runner from midfield and stop bamford laying a ball off.

I still dont see brentford winning all 6 remaining games
[165px-Leeds_United_Logo] 

Lastman Standing Champion 2014 Lastman Standing Champion 2012
LUFC Prediction League Winner 2009/2010

icelandic white
agree i don't wanna talk badly about players. but how is Bamford playing.  Lot of time he is on the wing in sted of staying in the box in front of goal
Bull Thick With Drink
Bamford is not a natural goal scorer he never has gotten into the habit of running in front of the defender or attacking the six yard box in front of the keeper, this is something any "natural" goalscorer do instinctively, Shearer, Fowler, Owen to name a few were masters at it.

I dont like the negative post on social media either about bamford but when other players / keeper dipped in form they had a spell on the bench, it refreshed things and the squad improved and inturn improved the "dropped" player too, but for the life of me i just dont see how PB still gets his jersey every game.

Maybe Marcelo dosent think tyler or edmundson or anybody else at the Club are good enough to start up front, but why not at the very least give one of them 2 or 3 games to see if his hunch is correct, im not saying take bamford out of the squad entirely he can always come on as one of the 5 subs but i do think its time for somebody else to lead the line.

Maybe playing behind closed doors is a blessing in disguise for Bamford can you imagine the crowd last night after those missed header opportunities??? It would have been chaotic.

andyl

As soon as we knew Roofe was going I feared we would end up relying on Bamford for the goals. I hoped successive strikers like Nketia and Augustin would be the answer. Sadly not.
Bielsa is a magician to do what he has done with the squad but he has a real blind spot regarding strikers. Imagine someone like Beckford in this line up.

Different hindsight is that we miss Pontus on the offensive side. I believe we are the worst for creating goals from dead ball situations. That in itself has cost us a few points.

If we do go up then Bielsa needs to really look elsewhere. A misfiring striker at this level may cost you in the long run or you might get away it ( everything crossed ). In the Premiership it will be a one way ticket back to the Championship.

Bull Thick With Drink
100% if you dont convert your limited chances in the PL then bye bye

Look at Norwich

We could have 60% of the ball have 18 shots at goal (9 on target) only score one then if you play even a mid table side you lose simple as.

Look at the Arsenal fa cup game all over them in the first half,

Possession 58% leeds 42 Arsenal
Shots 14 leeds 13 Arsenal
Shots on target 7 Leeds 4 Arsenal

Full Time
Leeds 0 Arsenal 1

And dont tell me arsenal were a) good b) at full strength.

pubrunner
I really can't understand our policy regarding the players we are (allegedly) interested in - we are frequently linked with 'playmakers' - wingers and midfielders - but we seem to have plenty of those already, coming through the ranks. 

Apart from Edmondson  (who Bielsa won't use), do we have a young striker at Leeds ?  Currently, we have only one 'out & out' striker at Leeds in the form of Bamford - except, that he isn't; it concerns me, that we don't seem to be addressing this issue, unless there's something going on behind the scenes that none of us know about.
BB
Gangi þér vel Iceman. We needed 3 points though! Onwards and Upwards!
BB