Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Chack0
Ian Carlo Poveda

The lad is going to be a star for us - the English Messi.
Great assist for Shacks goal against Charlton, was involved in one of our goals against Derby and in one of those games I remember him puling off a very Pabloesque chipped throughball that nearly set up a goal.
andyl

Exceptional prospect but I suspect it will be a season or two before we will know if we have another Pablo on our hands.

Could work out perfectly because with the less hectic Premiership, Pablo might have two seasons in him if Bielsa continues to manage his workload.

Poveda and Shacks appear to be the future. Exciting times.

Chack0
As it stands for the 3 attacking mid roles we have Pablo, Costa, Harrison, Roberts, Alioski and Poveda to rotate.
That's over 10,000 minutes of pitch time to split between 6 players.
I think Pablo will only play a maximum of 1500 minutes in total based on how we have been using him this season.
Alioski will play leftback a fair bit so don't see him getting more than 750 minutes in an attacking role.
Costa and Harrison will likely feature heavily so say 2000 minutes each and Roberts seems to have earned MB's trust so 
he will be similar. 6000 minutes total for them three.
That leaves around 1750 minutes (wild approximation) to be filled which could be Poveda's for the taking.
Of course we expect to sign another creator such as Eze or Benrama but even still there will still be opportunities due to injuries, suspensions and cup matches. 

I think Costa and Poveda will likely rotate in the right wing role with Costa getting 75% of the gametime. 
Pablo and tyler will rotate the centre attacking mid role 50/50
and Harrison will rotate with a new signing on the left.
Kingcurrie
Poveda, Shack and Struijk are all  class. The future is bright.
Bull Thick With Drink
Struijk seems to have seamlessly stepped into first team squad (maybe not automatically on the team sheet just yet but may not be that far away from it). This years championship had some fairly decent players all through the division and he wasnt over awed by that. The PL is another step up but with MB and the backroom team all there to help and guide him i think (hope) he can be the one to shine for us next season
[165px-Leeds_United_Logo] 

Lastman Standing Champion 2014 Lastman Standing Champion 2012
LUFC Prediction League Winner 2009/2010

thevoiceofreason
We all know that Bielsa likes a small squad but I think Rad will insist that we have a slightly bigger squad next season,because unlike in the championship we will not have superior fitness levels to most Prem teams.... And I think we will benefit from being able to rotate the squad for cup games,so I reckon we will sign a few more players in key positions... 👍
Bull Thick With Drink
Would be nice TVOR

But radz wouldn't want to step on MB's toes and try to undermine what MB has in mind. 
It will be a difficult balancing act but i do agree fitness levels in the Prem would generally be higher, but for me the big difference is efficiency.

Efficiency in converting chances into goals and efficiency in defense. If Leeds can keep clean sheets, reduce opposition chances and increase our own shot to goal scoring ratio then thats a mid-table maybe breaking into top the 10 right there.
Im fully expecting a rollercoaster ride starting on Sept 12th but if we play next season, with the same intent, attitude, and improve up front ive no doubt this squad (plus maybe 2 or 3 signings) can more than just survive we will have picked up points all along the way. Looking at villa yesterday celebrating like they won the champions league, ffs finishing 4th from BOTTOM and jumping around spraying bottles of shampoo, fcking clowns, wheres the pride in that???? Should be hanging their heads in shame leaving it to the last game of the season and plus if they had any decency they should have given Blunts a goal after the officials forked up. Then again "the right thing" and "Villa" dont go into the same sentence

1972Glory
To be honest, I may well be sipping champagne if we finish 17th next season!
PapaSmurf
I don't think we will have that much bigger squad than this season TVOF. Promotion as champions has proved that MB is correct in his squad management. I can imagine a squad of around 20 that looks something like this

Meslier,  Casilla/New GK
Ayling, Dallas, New FB, Alioski, Cooper, New CB/White, Strujk
Phillips, Shackleton, Klich, Hernandez, New AM
Costa, Poveda, Harrison, 
Bamford, Roberts, New Forward/Winger

Even that line up sees a few new faces as I don't see much of a future for Douglas and Forshaw. I see any new incoming players as ones who can play in several positions, which the likes of  Benrahma and Erze can certainly do. That FB at Liverpool, Larouci can play both RB and LB so would be a good fit. I still think White remains our number one target for CB. As for the new forward, take your pick - Edouard, Gelhardt, maybe Brewster, maybe Harry Wilson. They all would improve us.
BB
Can only see 2 x CBs (1 if MB trusts Struijk/Cresswell and/or Casey), a No 10 and a striker coming in. Maybe a LB if MB does not think Davis can make the jump yet. With Harrison on loan, we can only get one more player in on loan so will need to fork out for decent additions. I hope Casilla stays.

It will be 18 first team starters + kids that can step up. Papa has named 13 starters + 3 kids and I have suggested 5 new additions unless MB thinks some of the kids are ready.
BB
Soopaleeds
Still don't know why you want Casilla BB - he makes big mistakes, has shaky positioning, doesn't come for crosses and generally scares everybody.
He also takes up £40k a week - get rid. We can get "A N other" keeper to cover easily enough and cheaper no doubt.

Agree with the other slots, will be quite minimal, hopefully quality over quantity as we do have some young talent to act as cover. I think LB, CB and ST look the most important to have competition
Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
BB
Kiko as a number 2 is better than paying our millions for another keeper and then giving him the same wage. He did not stay at Real for years because he was crip. His distribution is excellent as is his shot stopping. Takes a foreign keep time to learn how to deal with English crosses and in the Prem I think the game will suit him more. Also the Pablo song is better when Kiko is in it!
BB
thevoiceofreason
BB wrote:
Kiko as a number 2 is better than paying our millions for another keeper and then giving him the same wage. He did not stay at Real for years because he was crip. His distribution is excellent as is his shot stopping. Takes a foreign keep time to learn how to deal with English crosses and in the Prem I think the game will suit him more. Also the Pablo song is better when Kiko is in it!

Agreed 👍
I'd be happy to see Kiko stay as number 2.
Meslier has earned the number 1 spot imo,but that doesn't mean Kiko is not valuable as a back up keeper... he has contributed more than enough to earn recognition for helping us gain promotion... And if he is happy to play understudy to Meslier and Bielsa is happy to have him as back up then so am I.... 😎
Tony Currie10
Surely at Kikis age he'd want to be a FIRST CHOICE keeper....!?

He's been a back up all his career and wouldn't his professionalism kick in to earn the same dosh playing as sitting on the bench?

Wasn't he 3rd choice at Real and not back up?

However, I'd spend his alleged 40k wage on a younger proven keeper like Alex McCarthy who'd jump to come back here on maybe 30k(?)

Tim Krul would probably be on circa 25k(?) and be just as good and also proven....
2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
Soopaleeds
I think BB has finally spoken the truth about Kiko.

People only want him to stay so it doesn't muck up a great crowd song. ðŸ˜‡

I'm with you TC - I'd rather save the £40k a week
Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
BB
Any keeper we sign will cost several million and want at least £40k per week. Let's keep Kiko and save several million! He was convicted on hearsay not actual real evidence. Many players spoke up about his character but only a WBA loanee's word was taken into account. I doubt a court of law would have found him guilty.
BB
Soopaleeds
To be fair BB my judgement of Kiko is totally separate from all that - I was very vocal about him long before all that happened (and since too :-))
I just can't his value as a keeper - it was he who cost us last year vs Derby for example
Bull Thick With Drink
No doubt Kiko had his moments between the posts but tbf too how many clean sheets did we have when he was in goal?

But since the ban Meslier has been fantastic and in my view has earned the right to wear the No. 1 jersey, so its up to kiko to improve further and be ready if Marcelo decides to slot him into a teamsheet.

Watching the games pre and post Kiko's ban our CB pairing seem more relaxed and confident with Meslier behind them, But we must remember the lad is still young and will make mistakes but its how he copes with those set backs and moves on from them will be key to his overall career development. I dont know if MB does alot with Meslier/kiko other than ball distribution and kick out strategies but Meslier looks to be more confident at corners / crosses and the CB's dont rush to the goal line as quick compared to that when Kiko is there.

For me im happy with the two and more importantly i think both can play in the top flight so i would prefer to spend any available transfer money out the field.

And yes Soopa the "song" would die a death

andyl
Agree with Bull. Messier plus back four equals calm. Kiko plus back four equals uncertainty.

Yes he enjoyed clean sheets but any keeper playing in the best team in the league would. He always seems to have his hand hovering over the self destruct button.
Danish Leeds Fan

Spending on a keeper would be unwise: if we could replace Kiko with Tim Krul, it would be okay, but Meslier has done nothing wrong, and he seems confident (and so does the back four).

I think we should pay Brighton the 35 mill. for Ben White, he’s worth it, and then go for an attacker like Jonathan David at around 27 mill. from Gent: we’re alright in the middle and on the wings, and these two would make us more complete, as a team.

PapaSmurf
I agree and that we should pay Brighton the £35m for Ben White. There's not many others I would spend that cash on but I think he's worth that to our team. It was his understanding with Cooper that won us the championship, so yeah, that would be my priority. My second would be somebody who can open the opposition up, essentially a younger Hernandez who can play for the first 60 minutes of the match. After that, I'm somewhat relaxed about any other additions.
Bull Thick With Drink
Agree papa but i also think we need a clinical striker, someone that can score 20+ goals next season.

We wont enjoy as much possession as what we had in the championship, defenders in the PL are of much better quality and teams in the PL wont tire as quickly so any potential goal created chances must be taken or at least a fair share of them.

So for me
White
Playmaker
Striker

Anything after that is a bonus