Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

thackleywhite
Hear me out on this one.  We play good football there is no denying that. We play the best football we've seen for a long time..no denying that either.

We create plenty of chances and miss them. We dominate lots of games. We concede late goals.

We struggle in ptressure matches.

No denying any of it i'm sure. 

Bielsa has coached a set of mostly average players in to a playing style that makes them look excellent.

When in reality they are anything but.  The style of play masks the true abilities of the players we have.

We lack quality all over the park. We aren't very good really. It is an illusion.

Bielsa has done a great job with an average bunch of low quality players. Ultimately that gets found out. We were found out last season and nothing has really changed.

You can tell me i'm wrong. I don't mind. But i'm pretty certain i'm correct and by the end of this season if you don't believe me now you'll believe me then.

bite your legs
You're wrong.
thackleywhite
we'll see.

lubyvader
hey up Halloweens nearly with us our thackers has polished his broomstick  [freaked-out-smiley-emoticon] good to hear you with us mate, minds your Dracula costumes still in t trunk as we haven't lost yet, your just in your grotbags costume for the time being [rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl] seriously improvements coming bit by bit, and this leagues one screwed up fother mucker.Long season to go in this league owt can happen, but glad your back for a bit me old chum

Outright  Weirdest Poster[arrow-10x10] 2015
LMS WINNER 2015/16
joint best signature 2016/17
Sweetbagger
What a load of bollocks. You only come on here when we lose or don’t get the result we should have.
Peterlufc
The first half was the best football I have seen at ER in last 15 years.
Just wasted so many opportunities.
You could see them scoring the n last 15 as we ran out of energy.
LeedsPremChamps2020
Lost one and that’s the response, Jesus wept.

If our home form was our away form and vice verse people would be saying it’s promotion points tallies, because it’s the other way around people say we are too soft/lacking at ER. Thing is, we know it isn’t true because away from home we dominate and win mostly so it’s NOT the squad of players because Mr Bielsa is being very loyal to his base squad.
Marcelo doesn’t change things without great repose and deep contemplation so unless he feels something isn’t right then it’s as you were and promotion the difficult way winning the vast majority of our away games and not losing many home, which let’s face it, is the only way Leeds know how.

If I had to try something in a home match, I would drop Shacks to the bench, move Klich into the centre mid ‘Forshaw’ role, Costa out wide and Hernández as the false 10. With both Dallas and Costa willing to blaze down the wing I think it would pull opposition defences out of shape enough to make a difference. I certainly wouldn’t advocate multiple changes when the domination is as high as it is in games, you surely only want to tweak that kind of setup?
I should’ve just put 2020/21 damn it!
Championship Champions is close enough for me!

WE ARE BACK BABY!
Soopaleeds
In response to the allegation "we're not very good"

Actually in 7 out of 10 key areas I'd say we're very good indeed - bordering on outstanding, that's why we're top of the table at the moment.
What we are not good at is the 3 out of 10 things that ultimately will cost us if we don't learn.....

1. Scoring
2. Dealing with the pressure
3. adapting (any kind of plan B)
Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
thackleywhite

"It's going to be important for me to see what they do today, these kind of matches. Last year, these kind of matches, they didn't really get the three points in most of them.

"If they can do that, then it's progression for me."   Jimmy floyd Hasselbaink yesterday.

He was correct.

We lost to swansea just like that as well LeedsPremChamps2020 oh and fucked up agaionst Forrest as well.  It is all too predictable. Obviously doesn't worry you but then again i wouldn't expect it to with your moniker.  Jesus probably is weeping!

thackleywhite
[

The Great Ormsby
thackleywhite wrote:

"It's going to be important for me to see what they do today, these kind of matches. Last year, these kind of matches, they didn't really get the three points in most of them.

"If they can do that, then it's progression for me."   Jimmy floyd Hasselbaink yesterday.

He was correct.

We lost to swansea just like that as well LeedsPremChamps2020 oh and fucked up agaionst Forrest as well.  It is all too predictable. Obviously doesn't worry you but then again i wouldn't expect it to with your moniker.  Jesus probably is weeping!

So what do we do differently, Thackers, bearing in mind that FFP restricts what we can spend, that we're not loaded in any event, and that the higher quality players you're presumably looking for us to sign aren't available or realistic targets anyway? What solution do you offer?
LeedsPremChamps2020
What the hell has a username I made over a decade ago got to do with anything?
We’ve lost ONE game so far ffs and not even a quarter of the games gone, we are top when not firing on all cylinders.
You’re assuming those cylinders don’t fire, I’m assuming they will, let’s wait and see eh? Maybe we will get to May, lose in the playoffs and you can dig out this post to say “told you so”, I will enjoy the season for the spectacular team sport I’m watching every week and be hurt if it happens again but I won’t have wasted a season worrying about it...but what if you’re wrong and you’ve wasted our promotion season arguing we’re too crap to pull it off? Seems like a great way to get an ulcer to me.

I want us to win, I would love to see MB try something new at home, I don’t think he will and I won’t get I’ll health venting about the best coach we’ve had in a long time and his misgivings, I will enjoy watching the squad pull up trees every week, winning most away and losing little and drawing a fair few at home, hopefully we get what our football deserves but then again, we are Leeds...

WE ARE BACK BABY!
PapaSmurf
thackleywhite wrote:
Hear me out on this one.  We play good football there is no denying that. We play the best football we've seen for a long time..no denying that either.

We create plenty of chances and miss them. We dominate lots of games. We concede late goals.

We struggle in ptressure matches.

No denying any of it i'm sure. 

Bielsa has coached a set of mostly average players in to a playing style that makes them look excellent.

When in reality they are anything but.  The style of play masks the true abilities of the players we have.

We lack quality all over the park. We aren't very good really. It is an illusion.

Bielsa has done a great job with an average bunch of low quality players. Ultimately that gets found out. We were found out last season and nothing has really changed.

You can tell me i'm wrong. I don't mind. But i'm pretty certain i'm correct and by the end of this season if you don't believe me now you'll believe me then.

Possibly the stupidest post in the history of the internet. Or certainly one of the biggest wind ups of the century.

Look at the league table!!! And watch the matches!
BB
Not sure what games you may be watching Thacks but WE ARE REALLY GOOD!!

Best football seen by a LUFC team for probably 20+ years. Totally dominating games and top of the league.

Gone are the days under Heckingbottom, Monk, Evans, Warnock and co when we did not create any chances.

We create loads now and, yes, we miss loads too but WOW! What excitement.

We will click soon and start converting a far higher ratio then batter teams.

You can tell me i'm wrong. I don't mind. But i'm pretty certain i'm correct and by the end of this season if you don't believe me now you'll believe me then. (Copy and pasted quote but my take on things!)
BB
Danish Leeds Fan
thackleywhite wrote:

When in reality they are anything but. 

I just want to question this: While Bielsa is a truly brillant and intelligent coach, but maybe also a bit naive and stubborn, it is not true that he inherited average players. He may have improved them, individually and as a collective, but the thing is that our previous low-budget managers simply were not qualified or capeable of getting the best out of our players. That includes also our young talents who would never have flourished under Christiansen or what ever they were called.
Lord Snoddy Weather Man
We were not very good at finishing yesterday which is obviously concerning as that is what cost us promotion last year.
People have been telling us on here that we are going to get promoted for the last 8 or so years. They have been wrong and Thackley with his down to earth negativity has been correct.
Hope you are wrong this time Thackley, probably not though, when the injuries and suspensions hit and we do our annual leeds are falling apart bit.
World  Champion
ishotamancinreno
I'm keeping right out of this one!!! [grin-smiley-emoticon]
.... WHEN I WAS JUST A BABY
     MY MOMMA TOLD ME  'SON,
     ALWAYS BE A GOOD BOY
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     BUT I SHOT A MANC IN RENO
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

Belgiantoo
The result against Derby got all of us frustrated and very angry (felt like a defeat). I was fuming because you could see/feel their equalizer coming.
Disappointed with MB's subs (both in personel and timing).
But most of the game we were so dominant and played some wonderfull football.
Most important aspect (end product) was missing, which can't continue and certainly can't all be blamed on being unlucky.
If Klich had scored, everybody would have been on cloud nine about this performance.

So now i've cooled down a bit and see things more in perspective and →  We're still top (in truth we could/should allready have been well clear from the chasing pack).
MOT
andyl
Best football I believe since the Revie years, that is, with a team mostly made up of players that two season’s ago were classed as mediocre at best. Massive credit to the manger.

There is a but though. He’s not what you would call a serial trophy/league winner. In my mind Bielsa wants to play his way irrespective of the circumstances. A bit of game management maybe would have got us over the line last season but it’s not the way the manager plays it.

To play the way do and go up would be a dream come true obviously. We need to really hammer a couple of teams off the park and then I think the players and the fans will really believe.

I think the January window will be once again an opportunity we must take even if we are firing on all cylinders at that point. It will be s.hit or bust. If we don’t go up, we loose the manager and our best players,and it’s back to games getting in the way of a good booze up.
Danish Leeds Fan
Agree, Andyl. Remember the 4-0 win against WBA? Too few convincing results like that one!
Bull Thick With Drink
TW "We aren't very good really. It is an illusion."

If we arent good id hate to think what you'd be saying if we were down the bottom with uddersfield or stoke?????

Turn your newspaper around Thackley we are TOP OF THE LEAGUE
[165px-Leeds_United_Logo] 

Lastman Standing Champion 2014 Lastman Standing Champion 2012
LUFC Prediction League Winner 2009/2010

lubyvader
Thackers you are a legend, you've brought folk back from the dead on this un, are you right are you wrong, ive not a clue but you've warmed some blood up. Think we are doing better than you say but not here to slate you fella, opinions are something were all entitled to

Outright  Weirdest Poster[arrow-10x10] 2015
LMS WINNER 2015/16
joint best signature 2016/17
Tony Currie10

Course he's fkn wrong Luby but what a cracking post....i wish I'd penned it just to stir things up!

I can see where he's coming from without totally agreeing and he's nearer to the truth than Lord Breezybollox's fkn weather forecasts. ...

Im just glad I'm not Thacks' husband after overcooking his eggs....
2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
LeedsPremChamps2020
Serious question, would you change the team/squad/tactics for the next game anyone?

WE ARE BACK BABY!
BB
NO WAY!!!

We are top of the league and have dominated every game we have played this season! Our performances are the best I have seen for the last 20 or so dire years during which I watched games praying we may create at least one chance.

It is not broken so why would anyone want to try and fix it!!!!

Lets just enjoy our style of play and not just want to win at any expense.
BB
Bull Thick With Drink
I wouldnt change any of MB's tactics (so far we have dominated almost every team)

Ok we havent won but that was either down to a defenive mistake / poor decision or a lack of composure in front of goal (missed penos)

If we keep changing things eventually the players wont know what system the management want them to play and such indecision / lack of direction will result in even more dropped points

Stick with it MB, and we should go on bended knee and pray that however our strikers are up front the next will have their scoring boots on.

IN THE BUCKET GOD WE TRUST

MOT

bite your legs
LeedsPremChamps2020 wrote:
Serious question, would you change the team/squad/tactics for the next game anyone?

Good question,its difficult when the team is playing such breathtaking football to want to change anything. But it does seem as though,the same faults as last season are holding us back again, my theory as I've said before comes from our poor and delayed delivery into the box. Obviously you couldn't change to much to soon, but I'd like us to try Eddie on the right of the front three sand maybe playing Klich deeper with Roberts starting behind Bamford, that way when Eddie goes in to support Bamford, Roberts can drop in on the right.
LeedsPremChamps2020
bite your legs wrote:

Good question,its difficult when the team is playing such breathtaking football to want to change anything. But it does seem as though,the same faults as last season are holding us back again, my theory as I've said before comes from our poor and delayed delivery into the box. Obviously you couldn't change to much to soon, but I'd like us to try Eddie on the right of the front three sand maybe playing Klich deeper with Roberts starting behind Bamford, that way when Eddie goes in to support Bamford, Roberts can drop in on the right.

It’s also a trick question if I’m honest. Everyone should answer no to the next match as it’s away and we 100% on that form. Maybe tinker at home, but not away until we don’t win

WE ARE BACK BABY!
Soopaleeds
We are not very good. We aren't famous any more.

Watching the Manchester Derby on SKY just now and both sets of fans took the time in the middle of the second half to sing how they all hate Leeds scum......

wonder what they are frightened of..?  [grin-smiley-emoticon][giggle]
Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
Chack0
wrote:
we'll see.

.....we have seen.

We are not very good.... we are f&%king incredible! 
Soopaleeds
😈😆

Bad man bumping this thread...... not heard from Thackers since we made it up either....
BB
Think he has gone back to supporting Bradford as he could not take his O Levels this year. Needs to resit them next year so no time to post on here. Wish him well though.
BB
The Dukes Guts
From memory he posted that he or someone in his family was seriously ill  a little while ago but apparently he is a deleted member now. He made some crazy postings and the majority was for sensationalism but at least he made it a debate.
Tony Currie10
Well I for one agree with Thackers and think he's totally correct in that we're not very good.... look at the stupid points we dropped throughout the season. 

Luton, Cardiff twice, Brum, QPR, Preston, Barnsley, WBA, Brentwood, Swansea, Fulham .... the list goes on.

We only got promoted by 12pts and should have won the league by 25pts before lockdown.... 

As for penning fantasist posts for just a reaction is ridiculous in the extreme.... 

Bielsa out, Hoddle in.... 

2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
Bull Thick With Drink
Morning TC

Sleep well??

you didnt bang your head reaching for the cornflakes did ya by any chance

LOL