Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Daniel2
It is now a interesting time for the club as we have come upon a time where we must look to see what our next overall step as club is going to be. I say this because due to the reason of our club not being able to maintain the current spend on the first team it currently does if we remain in the championship. We must also consider which avenue we wish to take if we are promoted as we have a very good bunch of 19 to 24 year olds whom are not yet ready for full time Premier League Football. I am talking about Shackleton, Boguez, McCalmount, Stevens, Edmondson, Struijk, Gotts, Davis, Hosannah, McCarron, Poveda, Kun and Mujica who all are clearly talented enough to be start every week in League 1 side right now and in fact good do it in the championship if given the chance..

What do you all believe our next step should be?

Championship - ?

Premiere League - ?

Is Bury still for sale? Imagine buying them to become our youth development team.
Soopaleeds
I think it's quite simple - this is the sliding doors moment for a generation of fans.

Premier League = big investment, stars and Bielsa retained, new faces and a the potential to match the efforts of Wolves in establishing in the top half of the table. A new stand, new training facilities, new sponsors and a return to where we want to believe we belong.
Championship = no Bielsa, no Phillips, no White, maybe another 3 departures - youth promotion - reboot, reset and start again as an unknown quantity with a mid-Championship squad
Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
PapaSmurf
I think  there's going to have to be a new reality. The clubs are haemorrhaging money with no income and paying players a small fortune. Liverpool were the only club in the premiership that made a profit last year. Broadcasters aren't going to pay as much again - Sky have seen mass cancelations. Sponsors aren't going to want to pay for games that aren't played. Unemployment is likely to rise to 6 million. Whatever happens re this season, all clubs are going to tighten their belts, and the first port of call will be players salaries. There will not be big investment irrespective of whichever league we end up in.
PapaSmurf
I think  there's going to have to be a new reality. The clubs are haemorrhaging money with no income and paying players a small fortune. Liverpool were the only club in the premiership that made a profit last year. Broadcasters aren't going to pay as much again - Sky have seen mass cancelations in subcriptions. Sponsors aren't going to want to pay for games that aren't played, that's if  the sponsorship companies even survive. Unemployment is likely to rise to 6 million. Whatever happens re this season, all clubs are going to tighten their belts, and the first port of call will be players salaries. There will not be big investment irrespective of whichever league we end up in.
LeedsPremChamps2020
I’ve seen reports Marcelo has been keeping his staff busy compiling dossiers on the top 6 leagues in Europe. If nothing else, I would expect a few signings that he has identified to be found for a decent price. We are one of the few clubs that could take advantage of the situation when things are reasonably back to normal even with the losses posted this year.
andyl
Bl.oody typical if we go up the world recession will mean the backing off off potential investors!

In football terms, the worst case scenario would be another year in the Championship. As others have pointed out, it will be at least a reset.

No Bielsa, no White no Philips. We will save on some big wages but the crowds will come down. If Coberian stays we will hopefully still have the same footballing philosophy, so we may be still one of the top sides.

The fear for me is we will be back to footballing mediocrity, scouring the leagues for the next Bielsa but settling for a pragmatic manager content in percentage football. The Saturday game will once more get in the way of a good drink with mates but on the positive side tickets will be easier to get. Every cloud and all that.

stevethemouse
never mind sky how about our owners sports media company it was not doing well before this he may have to sell us or call in all the money he has lent  us or resale the ground doomed we are doomed 
Daniel2
Players wages are very high or maybe I should say some of our players wages are very high. Players like Bamford are on sky high weekly sums while out perm loaners are also very high wages. Theses will all be cut down if we are not promoted.
LUID
Shit or bust if we don’t go up
andyl
Not sure it’s bust if we don’t go up.

My biggest worry is a return to mediocrity if we lose Bielsa and his staff. We may have to to cut costs ( and not renew Bielsa’s contract )and no doubt we will wave goodbye to White and Philips.

Blimey, who would you replace him with?
thevoiceofreason
I seriously think Rad should be exploring the avenue of his prem 2 idea if they screw us...... imagine the possibilities with his companies getting exclusive rights to live games and shoving a big two fingers up to Sky and the EFL..... As well as getting interest from the big clubs in the championship,i reckon he'd get lots of interest from mid-table Prem sides aswell.... 👍

And if all it does is scare the EFL and Prem into not screwing us over..... That would suit me 😎
flatcap
Same old same old , ......stay at home.......protect the NHS...........save lives..... it’s the only practical thing on the cards right now
LEEDS UNITED INTERNATIONALLY FAMOUS WORLDWIDE
BB
I am a grown man. I make my own decisions.

Others are free to do the same.

Why is there just a one fit glove for all ?

Yes anyone over 60 needs to be safe.

Anyone with underlying medical conditions needs to be safe.

The data suggest that everyone else is at low risk.

If I have a 2% chance of dying should I enjoy a normal life then I would take it!!!!

BB
Bull Thick With Drink
Agree BB life is for living,

But can you imagine the uproar if any government didn't take a lockdown decision and people died there would be a lorry load of lawsuits and people would argue
Why didn't you lockdown other Countries did but you let our citizens die, Why put business and profit ahead of the people of the state, it would be chaotic and not one of the lawsuits could the government win so they would left to pay out massive amounts of money (taxpayers) money to the families that died and those that hadn't would be up in arms cause they are bailing out again.

Im not that naive to think these weekly subside payments are "free" they arent and the end of it all we will be paying them back (through some form of tax)

The ONLY way that any island nation could have prevented this virus visiting their shores was to close all borders (airports, land & sea) early, before any case was verified in that country. But no country in the world done that because that would have been viewed as a very harsh lockdown, there would have been a run on the banks for peoples money, people would have wiped out our supermarket shelves in a matter of days and widespread panic would travel all around the Country. 
[165px-Leeds_United_Logo] 

Lastman Standing Champion 2014 Lastman Standing Champion 2012
LUFC Prediction League Winner 2009/2010

The Dukes Guts
New Zealand locked down hard and have very few cases or deaths and even oz did and only about 500 cases currently and just over 100 dead and these were mainly from two or three sources, a cruise ship allowed to dock without checks and a couple of nursing homes. It could have been done in the UK too but Boris was late to the party unfortunately
ishotamancinreno
Ive just read a post on SSN.. It seems to me to be a bit worrying..
The EFL/PREM are considering whether to use home /away grounds if possible, as well as neutral grounds.. but!!!....If the police are concerned about a large influx of fans turning up , they will listen and those games could be played on neutral grounds!! If thats right then we could end up with no home games whilst other clubs with shiiite followings could get to play their home games , at home!!!
am I paranoid or over reacting??
.... WHEN I WAS JUST A BABY
     MY MOMMA TOLD ME  'SON,
     ALWAYS BE A GOOD BOY
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     BUT I SHOT A MANC IN RENO
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

Tony Currie10

Yeah I've mentioned this before that our fans will turn up and fk it up for us.... we may even get other teams supporters turning up to fk us up!

I'm sure no supporters of German clubs have turned up and just hope ours don't. It'd be better to watch us on tv anyway rather than on a smartphone with a small picture that will probably freeze all the time!

If we are in the top 2 for the final game I can imagine THOUSANDS turning up!!

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
Bull Thick With Drink
The germans have a one mile perimeter exclusion zone around all stadiums but how practical is that for the PL and EFL Clubs im not sure. A lot would have houses within that zone id say and you cant prevent anybody from entering or leaving their homes to allow a "behind closed door" football game to be played.

But ya i can see potentially promoted clubs or title deciding matches to be problematic for the police and neutral grounds wont solve it may reduce some fan numbers but a club like leeds have fans everywhere so "if" a leeds game was moved im certain LUFC fans from that area will go, the die hard will go anyway, anywhere and other clubs have those (deluded) fans also. 

Bull Thick With Drink
Just went back over the recent results (16th May to last night) in the bundesliga 3 home wins in 22 games so maybe "behind closed doors" is disadvantage to be playing at home!!!

for the 19/20 season A home win in this league is 41% an away win 37% so the last 2 and a half round of games are completely out of kilter results wise compared to the previous 26 rounds.

Is it the start of a new trend or blip, to early to say, but leeds currently have a 61% home win record and 53% away win record so will playing in front of no fans effect our results? i dont know we hear all the time, post match interviews especially, how much our players respond to the noise inside ER and maybe for the away player some might feel intimated. But is the latest set of results from Germany something to be cautious about? 

andyl
Difficult to say if playing without a crowd will affect results.

ER, when you are winning, simply blows teams away. If you are playing badly it can get at the players, frightened to make a mistake. Same with most clubs to a lesser degree.
thevoiceofreason
I think it's inevitible that wherever we play there will be a gathering of fans nearby..... we have the best away fans in the league and probably the loudest..... and i reckon they will still try to support the team in any way they can,and the players will no doubt be able to hear them too.... at least our club can't be punished for not controlling fans outide a neutral ground...... or is that another new rule they will make up just for us.... 😒
Daniel2
At this stage I am more worried about the fitness of the players to fit the game plan. Empty or full stadium matters not if our players are not fit enough to execute our style.
stevethemouse
Have Harrison and white gone back to their clubs?