Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

lufc1
I mean which football team apart from the local lads the others must support there own team and wonder if they feel pi**ed off when there teams loose like we do? 
lubyvader
our lot have enough trouble supporting their own egos and their legs

Outright  Weirdest Poster[arrow-10x10] 2015
LMS WINNER 2015/16
joint best signature 2016/17
Sir Rob Vegetable
I've always wondered this, but I reckon once you become a professional footballer you kinda 'stop' supporting your childhood team...

I honestly believe players that feel settled at a club end-up only wanting success for "their" club - they "support" which ever team they play for at that moment in time... I remember Brad Johnson was an Arsenal fan, but not for one second would i have thought he wanted Arsenal to beat Leeds when he was playing for us in the cup against them....

Eddie Gray calls Leeds "us" and "we", and he didn't grow up supporting Leeds but he now considers it his club.
Skygod
Ross McCormack 

"It was a sweet match for me to play in. I'm a proud Celtic fan and always will be. But Rangers were the team to come in for me and I enjoyed my time there. That's just how football works" "I wanted to do well at Ibrox and did my best for Rangers. But I always supported Celtic as a kid and went to watch as many matches as I could."

Source

Mat Smith

Smith was in fact born in Birmingham and grew up a Birmingham City fan along with his dad.

Source

Luke Murphy

I actually supported Manchester United

Source

Stephen Warnock

As a Liverpool fan, you know what it's like to be on the other side of the fence

Source

This is my favourite though.......

Noel Hunt

I couldn't stand football when I was a kid. I don't know why, I just didn't have an interest in the game

Source

Post Whore & Best Newcomer - ULUFC Annual Awards 2013/14

Post Whore & Best Researcher - ULUFC Annual Awards 2014/15
Ridsdales Goldfish
It shows too Hunty
Sir Rob Vegetable
Great digging skygod.

I seem to recall Paul Green was a Leeds fan as a kid - might have got that wrong and it was just "his family" that was...

A few others over the years too including some of the loan boys - but as above, I don't think any of it matters when you become pro... i.e. do you think Matt Smith was trying not to score against Brum even though his goals almost sent them down? 
Ridsdales Goldfish
That's right Rob.

Player play to keep the starting position in the 11
Seb_Sorsa
Sir Rob Vegetable wrote:

A few others over the years too including some of the loan boys - but as above, I don't think any of it matters when you become pro... i.e. do you think Matt Smith was trying not to score against Brum even though his goals almost sent them down? 

Spot on, it's a job at the end of the day. Matt Smith is looking out for Matt Smith not Birmingham City. It's such a cut throat business that you can't afford loyalty.

In....... I trust!