Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Unofficial LUFC

Author   Comment  
Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #1 

....who would you play as holding midfielder in his place v Uddersfield....

There are a few contenders....

White
Forshaw (but probably still injured)
Shacks
Gotts
McAlmont
Beradi
Dallas
Klich

Difficult one and I think White is the favourite with his qualities....it's just that he's been a rock at the back all season....

In theory, we should have 70%ish possession so they shouldn't be on our back line too much....it is a derby though!

Gotts or McAlmont would show us that Bielsa is not too scared to blood a youngster in their more natural position....

Personally, I'd go for Kiki as he showed last season he was more than comfortable in that position....

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #2 
MB has basically said it will be White for KP with Berra coming into the back line. We even had a 10 minute trial of this system v Boro. Not a bad option and I am sure Ben can do the job for 1 game.

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #3 
In Fordham’s absence I Would rather see Gotts. I think moving White sees us weaker in 2 positions as oppose to just one

Got a mention as one of the poshest & dimmest posters - Board Awards 2013/14
Danish Leeds Fan

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #4 
I’ll echo that, Dessip.

Would prefer White in the middle with Cooper. It’s a fantastic achievement that we have only conceded one goal for every two games. It’s not only down to White, of course: Bielsa has fine tuned his strategy from last season’s attacking-at-almost-any-cost; the Plillips/Klich combination is as good as it gets (at Championship level, at least), and our wingers and full-backs have obtained a near-perfect understanding, defensively. And Kiko has surprised many of us, this year.

So, not to change too much, without Phillips I’d go with Mcalmont in the no. 6 position against Huddersfield.

Having derved his ban, how many yellow cards before Phillips is sidelined next time - anyone knows?
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish Leeds Fan
I’ll echo that, Dessip.

Would prefer White in the middle with Cooper. It’s a fantastic achievement that we have only conceded one goal for every two games. It’s not only down to White, of course: Bielsa has fine tuned his strategy from last season’s attacking-at-almost-any-cost; the Plillips/Klich combination is as good as it gets (at Championship level, at least), and our wingers and full-backs have obtained a near-perfect understanding, defensively. And Kiko has surprised many of us, this year.

So, not to change too much, without Phillips I’d go with Mcalmont in the no. 6 position against Huddersfield.

Having derved his ban, how many yellow cards before Phillips is sidelined next time - anyone knows?

10 yellows is 2 game, 15 is 3 isn’t it?
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #6 
Correct PLC.

This season for EFL league matches:

5 yellows in the first 19 matches = 1 match suspension.
10 yellows in the first 37 matches = 2 match suspension.
15 yellows in the whole season = 3 match suspension - No cut of date for this season like last.

Yellow card suspensions only apply to EFL league matches. Other competitions (League Cup, FA Cup etc. have their own separate suspension rules. i.e 2 yellows and you get a bam, wiped out at quarter final stages + no player can be banned for a final due to an accumulation of yellows.)

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #7 
It's going to be White moving in to that role with Berardi coming in to the defence
icelandic white

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #8 
I wuld keep white and cooper together in defence and put Shacks or Gott in holding mid fielder role

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #9 
Berardi in the midfield worked well v derby
Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #10 

I know White could/would do a great job in holding midfield but after sitting on the fence and chopping and changing my mind, i think he should stay at CB alongside Coops....

This is why we've got the best defensive record in the whole of Europe! !

Putting him in midfield also means that we have to change TWO very important positions within the spine of the team....

I'd like Bielsa to be positive and play whoever is best in Kalvin's position between Gotts and McAlmont. How are we ever gonna know if they can step up without playing!?

I know it's a Yorkshire derby and a big game etc etc but we keep banging on about these boys potential without knowing. ...

Kalvin will be straight back in after this however well they play....

They'll have even less of a chance of making debuts in the New Year as every game will be deemed more important than the last....

If, IF we get promoted, how are we gonna give them a chance in the Prem when we'll have signed expensive, proven players....?

The only way they're gonna get game time with us is if we stay in the Championship! !

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
PapaSmurf

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #11 
McCalmont for me. And from the start.
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #12 
Alfie looked lost v Stoke in the League Cup game, so not sure if it would be the right decision for him to start. He also needs to bulk up a bit.

Bringing in Berra at CB and moving White to DCM is the sensible solution, IMO

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Currie10

I know White could/would do a great job in holding midfield but after sitting on the fence and chopping and changing my mind, i think he should stay at CB alongside Coops....

This is why we've got the best defensive record in the whole of Europe! !

Putting him in midfield also means that we have to change TWO very important positions within the spine of the team....

I'd like Bielsa to be positive and play whoever is best in Kalvin's position between Gotts and McAlmont. How are we ever gonna know if they can step up without playing!?

I know it's a Yorkshire derby and a big game etc etc but we keep banging on about these boys potential without knowing. ...

Kalvin will be straight back in after this however well they play....

They'll have even less of a chance of making debuts in the New Year as every game will be deemed more important than the last....

If, IF we get promoted, how are we gonna give them a chance in the Prem when we'll have signed expensive, proven players....?

The only way they're gonna get game time with us is if we stay in the Championship! !

This.

Our paradox is that in the longer run we might be better off introducing (some of) Struijk, Bogusz, Edmondsson, McCalmont, Davis, Gotts and Clarke into the first team, now. But, in the short run we’re winning with Berardi and others with less talent than (some of) the beforementioned...

Gotta believe in Bielsa. Still, I don’t understand he doesn’t keep his plans to himself until an hour before kick-off!
icelandic white

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #14 
Cooper not in the team today Ayling and Berardi in defense

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #15 
Obviously happy with the win but I thought White was far from his usual today. Poor positioning and distribution with communication between Ayling, Berra and Kiko also an issue

Personally I think we were set up wrong and probably a little fortunate to get a result that flattered us...I’ll take it though 👍

Got a mention as one of the poshest & dimmest posters - Board Awards 2013/14
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #16 
Can’t fault your points Dessip but we were missing our captain in Cooper and, arguably, our most consistent top level performer in Phillips. Im not sure any team would play cohesive football with that missing from their lineup. There was a huge focus on the age of the Huddersfield bench, was our that much older? We will face one or two games where suspensions and injuries have a larger impact because of the combination but if that happens against bottom half teams then this squad will still put them to the sword imo which is something we’ve missed for a very long time. We have depth in a tiny squad through utility, as long as it’s no longer than a couple of games at a time then I can’t see it causing too many issues. With a full squad available to us, who would you fear after watching our first 20 games?
The Great Ormsby

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessip
Obviously happy with the win but I thought White was far from his usual today. Poor positioning and distribution with communication between Ayling, Berra and Kiko also an issue

Personally I think we were set up wrong and probably a little fortunate to get a result that flattered us...I’ll take it though 👍
Agree we looked a bit shapeless, uncertain and confused at times in the first half. Second half I thought we were great, though, and much the better team - certainly wouldn't say we were flattered by the win. And don't forget our perfectly good goal disallowed for off-side, which not one of the commentators or pundits mentioned post-match. Didn't even feature on the highlights I've seen.

Second goal was a thing of absolute beauty. Honestly one of the best team goals I've seen. Had it been Liverpool, Scum, Chelskum or City, the pundits would have been creaming their pants over it and replaying it endlessly!
andyl

New Signing
Reply with quote  #18 
Last season without Philips and Cooper we’d have lost this one.

It’s taken a season and a half almost, but I think we are how Bielsa wanted us to be. The team is an entity now.
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #19 
We missed Cooper and Phillips ball playing ability and White look flustered in his new role.

With KP back v Hull White can drop back to CB alongside Ayling which is a pity for Berra who played well IMO.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.