Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Unofficial LUFC

Author   Comment  
Lord Snoddy Weather Man

The Weather Man
Reply with quote  #1 
A. The PL announce they are voiding this season but will go to 22 teams next year with us and West Brom.

Or

B. Risk playing out the rest of this season when possible with the risk we may fail.

I'm a B man myself, I want the buzz of clinching promotion. Would be a damp squib to be handed it in such a way after all these years. If we fail we fail but that is how a season should be done. Best 2 teams over a full season go up.

Edit to say I use to know how to do polls all proper like.

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #2 
League needs to finish even if the games are played in June/July/August with next season stating in Sept/Oct and that season ending in June.

It is the only fair way to settle things.

I don't want to go up by default nor do I want to remain the the Championship by default too.

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #3 
I’m a Bottom man myself.

Play the matches behind closed doors if necessary FFS, it’s not as if we can’t watch it on TV whilst we’re all self isolating.
enochs extra leg

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB
League needs to finish even if the games are played in June/July/August with next season stating in Sept/Oct and that season ending in June.

It is the only fair way to settle things.

I don't want to go up by default nor do I want to remain the the Championship by default too.

This.

In theory the league would only take 5 weeks to finish the regular season 2 games a week.Euros will be put back a year and scrap the league cup next season
stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #5 
Finish the league as champions
The Great Ormsby

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #6 
Option A for me - in the interests of my cardiovascular health!
Dessip

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #7 
I work for a company that make ventilators. This has got weeks / months to run yet and will be back in late Autumn albeit it’ll be no more different to the way we think about flu.

Hate to say it but I think they should just end the season now and place us immediately into a Champions League spot..

Got a mention as one of the poshest & dimmest posters - Board Awards 2013/14
LUID

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #8 
I fear we will be faced with a void season - then VAR will award the PL title to Scouse Gits to make it even worse. 
Soopaleeds

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #9 
I get so frustrated with the lack of logic. It doesn't matter when football restarts - May or November. Finish the season! We can always engineer a curtailed season next time, so the playing field is known and level - you can't muck about with a season over 3/4 complete.

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soopaleeds
I get so frustrated with the lack of logic. It doesn't matter when football restarts - May or November. Finish the season! We can always engineer a curtailed season next time, so the playing field is known and level - you can't muck about with a season over 3/4 complete.

this is my logic because, unless this pandemic disappeared at the exact start of next season, they’re just never make everyone happy but as there are relatable rule circumstances (postponed games for example) it should be fairly simple to fudge something together. With most contracts expiring between May and June you also face players out of contract not being insured to play, it is a minefield but just pausing and restarting fixes most of them because all those issues can also be paused.
hypothetically, if they claim this season null and void but this doesn’t clear until December, they’ve scrapped this one and don’t have time for another one so it would be suicidal for the league.
The Dukes Guts

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #11 
80% of the season is done. F1 rules have a 75% completion to be awarded points so why can’t the points be granted if the season has to be stopped now indefinitely? If they can restart with time to complete the season by the 30 June then they should do so but if not then call it with the current points.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.